Manage episode 294334374 series 1993435
In today’s episode, we have DC Glenn from the multi-platinum hip hop group “Tag Team.” Their music has been featured on everything from having a #2 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts (for seven weeks straight) with "Whoomp! (There It Is)", Their music featured in such films as Elf, Shark Tale, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, and D2: The Mighty Ducks.
After the bright lights, big crowds, the record deals went away. After seeing his song “Whoomp” in the film “Elf” with Will Farrel, without his knowledge, and having to fight to get his share of the sync licensing owed to him, DC Glenn reinvented himself, went on to become a paralegal, and a commodities broker, with the mindset that he decided to run his life like a corporation.
Some of the things that DC talks about with us include:
- What Are You Going To Be? A Predator or a Prey?
- You Learn How To Learn
- Make Yourself invaluable
- Being good isn’t enough. Become Masterful.
- Learn how to transition from working in the music industry to working in the entertainment industry.
- How he developed a plan, he calls “Learn How To Learn” tactics
- Play offense and refuse to lose
- How the Pandemic was the greatest thing that ever happened to him
- There’s Always More Reasons to Move Forwards Than There Are To Move Backwards
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2021 Lotta Dogs Productions LLC
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer - Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it's pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender's dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original "Business Side of Music" podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org