Manage episode 377262514 series 126231
There’s more M&A activity amongst agencies than ever before. As agency owners get older and running the business becomes more stressful, many owners are running out of gas and looking for a reset. This means there has never been a more perfect time if you’re looking to buy an agency. And if you’re looking to sell, it might go faster than you anticipate.
We know that M&As are stressful on both sides of the deal, no matter how much you plan ahead. So this week, we’re taking a deep dive into the whole process — how far in advance to plan your sale, valuation, succession planning, dealing with the emotions behind it, and much more.
Even if you’re not planning to sell your agency right now, eventually, this will become a reality, and it’s always better to be ahead of the curve. So don’t miss this longer episode packed with tips for passing the torch and preparing for the future of your agency.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- Why M&A activity is so high right now
- The strongest factors that will determine agency valuation
- How to assess your agency valuation
- Preparing 3-5 years in advance for an M&A
- Passing the torch to a new owner and being the buyer’s cheerleader
- Giving your employees the opportunity to be an internal buyer
- Preparing for an M&A for both a buyer and a seller
- Expenses to expect when preparing for a sale on both sides