EP 409: The how-to guide for getting started in thought leadership and public speaking with Katy Boos
Manage episode 374202302 series 126231
One of the most powerful new business tools to establish credibility as an agency is right at our fingertips. Finding speaking opportunities at conferences, trade shows, and even as a podcast guest is a great first step to entering the world of thought leadership.
While it may seem daunting initially, especially if you’re new to this, thought leadership is about as easy as simple networking. Your network can get you into spaces you’ve never dreamed of if you have the right tools to navigate it.
This week, Katy Boos is giving us those tools to show us how practical and valuable thought leadership and public speaking can be for agency owners and leaders. With in-person events making a huge comeback post-Covid, the need for the best and brightest speakers is on the rise, too. Tune in to learn how to get your ideas in front of the right audience and establish yourself and your agency as one of the next great thought leaders.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The top most beneficial reasons for speaking at an event
- Speaking at a big event vs. the right event
- Looking beyond the room you’re speaking in
- Determining who’s the right person to put on the stage
- Narrowing down your topic and finding the right-fit audience
- The post-Covid trade show and conference outlook
- How to get conference organizers hyped up on your thought leadership
- Getting in front of the right podcast audience
- Creating content from your speaking event
- Common mistakes that get us a “no” from conference organizers
- Getting your foot in the door