EP 399: Reducing liability for agency owners, one data protection policy at a time with Hans Skillrud
Manage episode 364607246 series 126231
Keeping up with data protection and privacy laws is exhausting. Nearly every month, new legislation is being introduced state by state to help keep users’ data protected online. And while this is overall a good thing, it can get really messy if agency owners aren’t educated and informing their clients about what this means when they build out their websites. Luckily, our guest today, Hans Skillrud, has collaborated with his wife to create an easy, self-updating tool that agency owners can implement on their own websites and the sites they build for their clients. He has committed himself to ensuring that data protection tools and documentation are easily accessible for anyone without needing a legal degree to make sense of it all.
Even if it doesn’t seem like a big deal right now, with the constantly changing environment of privacy laws, you never know when you could end up in a mess, even five years later. Don’t delay on this, and get your documentation in check today.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- What is Termageddon?
- What agencies are required to provide to their clients in terms of documentation
- The risks for smaller businesses and agencies for not practicing good data protection
- Why agencies should embrace data protection policies, even if it seems complicated
- Can chatGPT write our policies for us?
- Why copying and pasting someone else’s policies is a bad idea
- How data protection lawsuits happen
- How the Termageddon team keeps up with constantly changing data protection laws
- The confusing future of privacy law
- Three best data protection practices for agencies and website builders