EP 377: Creative thought leadership — bringing your book idea to life with Henry DeVries
Manage episode 350733755 series 126231
With agency ownership comes big ideas, a lot of creative energy, and infinite passion for your work. Chances are you have a million ideas floating around your head with nowhere to put them. Why not compile them into a book? We’ve talked about why creative thought leadership matters for finding right-fit clients and aids in biz dev for your agency. This week, I’m bringing back Henry DeVries to discuss finally putting all those ideas into action and writing your book.
We have a fun episode planned today with tons of advice for creating the blueprint for your book, how to finally get started with writing (and get help doing it), and some of the common roadblocks we create for ourselves when it’s time to finally go to the printer.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- Building the blueprint of your book
- 7 questions to answer when creating the book outline
- Why writing is a team sport
- How to solo write a book in a way that’s manageable (if you choose to go it alone)
- The best approach to co-authoring a book
- Discovering your hidden assets and turning them into content
- The roadblocks we create for ourselves in the final stages of publishing