EP 369: Facing the fears of agency ownership head-on with Drew McLellan
Manage episode 345721016 series 126231
Fear is a familiar feeling in agency ownership. It’s easy to feel like you don’t know what you’re doing or might be missing something important, especially if you’re doing it all yourself. In this episode, I’m delivering advice on how to conquer the biggest agency owner fears in a Collabs & Cocktails event hosted by Predictive ROI. Whether it’s imposter syndrome, money worries, figuring out how to manage employees, or learning how to collaborate with other agency owners, I have some advice that will help ease your mind and get you back to focusing on the important things.
For 30+ years, Drew McLellan has been in the advertising industry. He started his career at Y&R, worked in boutique-sized agencies, and then started his own (which he still owns and runs) agency in 1995. Additionally, Drew owns and leads the Agency Management Institute, which advises hundreds of small to mid-sized agencies on how to grow their agency and its profitability through agency owner peer groups, consulting, coaching, workshops and more.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The four biggest fears of agency ownership
- How to eliminate money fears by running things by the numbers
- Taking care of your employees so that they stick around
- Why you shouldn’t operate on only referrals and word of mouth for biz dev
- The importance of becoming an authority in your industry
- Generating right-fit leads
- Navigating imposter syndrome
- The right way to collaborate with other agency owners