Manage episode 372703824 series 2390963
In-person networking and relationship building are not dead. For agencies, it remains one of the most important methods of building your client base. And unfortunately, odds are you’re not doing it enough.
Showing up is a huge part of the biz dev battle that a Zoom call or Slack channel just can’t fix. And in a time when many of us have to rely on current clients to keep ourselves afloat, cutting corners on new business opportunities won’t get us very far.
For Hank Blank, some of the biggest red flags from the clients’ perspective directly result from our increasingly virtual ways of doing business. In his eyes, you will struggle to find new clients if you’re not attending events, doing in-person networking, inviting people into your agency’s space, or making philanthropic efforts in your community.
If you want to learn what always stands the test of time for agencies battling it out for new clients, don’t miss this conversation with one of the best in the business.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- How smaller agencies can stand out against large agencies with in-house teams
- The biggest mistakes agencies make when searching for new business
- How agencies make themselves look unavailable or uninterested in new clients
- Why in-person networking is still imperative for growing a client base
- How agencies can develop a meaningful brand for themselves
- Letting creativity guide you in your networking and biz dev
- The 3 things that win new business
- Making working at an agency fun again
- Getting ahead of the competition to educate clients on new technology