Manage episode 361505993 series 2390963
Podcasts, radio, and TV are all similar mediums with a broad reach across the US. But over the years, younger audiences have moved away from radio and TV in favor of other platforms that offer ad-free subscriptions. Quickly rising to the top amongst millennials and Gen Z is podcasting. So how do we still reach people who are consistently opting out of popular advertising avenues? Tom Webster has some answers for us.
He’s on the podcast today to break down the findings from The Media Moves the Message study that his firm, Sounds Profitable, did on advertising performance between cable TV, AM/FM radio, and podcasting.
This deep dive will give you all the evidence you need to understand that podcasting has a bright future. And as long as we don’t oversaturate it with advertising, it will be here to stay amongst audiences, both old and young, as the medium grows.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- How we can take advantage of the podcasting medium as advertisers
- The Media Moves the Message study
- The most noteworthy takeaways from the study
- How podcast listeners skew age-wise and where we can make improvements
- What the study results mean for agency owners and leaders
- Will we eventually oversaturate podcasts with ads?
- What the study means for content creators and podcast hosts
- Trusting that a podcast host knows how to advertise to their audience
- Areas where podcasting is lacking
- The power of small podcasts