EP 387: The four leadership shifts agency owners need to make to adapt to an evolving workforce with Heather McGowan
Manage episode 357122781 series 2390963
There’s no denying that when the pandemic hit, the workforce changed forever. We experienced some of the most rapid shifts in our economy and lifestyles this century, and we still feel its effects today.
Most notably, our work standards morphed along with how we view leadership and hustle culture. The old ways of working longer hours and devoting yourself to a company to climb your way to the top have dissolved.
This week, Heather McGowan is joining me to talk about the major shifts we’ve recently experienced and will shed some light on how agency owners can adapt to better fit the new roles employees expect leadership to fill. She’ll talk about “The Five Greats” that led to these intense shifts, and four leadership adaptations agency owners should consider making to support the new-age workforce best.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- How Heather accidentally became an expert in human work culture
- “The Five Greats” that collided all at once to shift the workforce
- How to change the mindset around hustle culture and where it still has its place
- Four shifts an agency owner needs to make to align themselves with the current workforce
- Moving from competition to collaboration to motivate your workforce
- Polling your workers and being open to feedback as you make changes
- How agencies are successfully building a remote culture
- What are the new standards of effective leadership today?