EP 381: Making onboarding and training SOPs painless with Jennifer Smith
Manage episode 353240684 series 2390963
One of the biggest sticking points with agencies is establishing tried and true onboarding and training SOPs. Over and over, we find that new hires aren’t pleased with how their onboarding process went, despite agencies and larger companies investing billions into this one area.
Poor training and onboarding experiences can result in disaster and influence how long your new hire will want to stick around after the fact. It can be even more challenging for remote agencies to establish cohesion in SOPs when a team is remote or hybrid. That’s why it’s essential to have well-established training SOPs that are easy to follow and help your new hires understand their purpose within your agency.
In this episode, I’m interviewing Jennifer Smith from Scribe to teach us how to make SOPs that are quick, painless, transferable, and digestible. She knows what remote teams need to get everyone on the same page quickly, and she has a lot of knowledge on how to make that happen. Tune in to listen and learn great ideas from Jennifer to make a typically painful process seamless and much more organized.
A big thank you to our podcast’s presenting sponsor, White Label IQ. They’re an amazing resource for agencies who want to outsource their design, dev, or PPC work at wholesale prices. Check out their special offer (10 free hours!) for podcast listeners here.What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- The importance of having tribal knowledge in an agency
- Where agencies often fail to have proper documentation
- Establishing the why, the who, and the how of your agency to new hires
- Creating proper SOP documentation to onboard new team members
- Where agencies can improve on building a remote team
- How to demonstrate skills and tasks to new hires with training SOPs
- How to make SOPs and documentation pain-free and easy to share amongst your team