Manage episode 350366434 series 2761075
Who’s winning? Who’s losing? And who’s about to pop-off? Joining us for our annual “Beauty Year in Review” episode is Dulma Altan, the entrepreneurial creator whose “TikTok Business School for Women” content has everyone in the beauty biz taking notes. Whether she’s ‘splaining what private equity is using Kim Kardashian’s empire as fodder, or schooling us on who makes for a successful C-Suite using a Vegas girl’s trip as metaphor, Dulma’s sharp take on the beauty industry makes her the perfect guest to weigh in on which brands slayed this year, and who better watch their back in the year ahead.
Plus! Tune into Dulma’s podcast, Due Diligence, where we’re guests this week. We’re taking the lid off the whole Girl Boss trope with POVs on what that term means going forward, where beauty innovation is headed and how we’ve managed to grow our own brand as magazine editors-turned-podcasters.
In This Week’s Episode You’ll Discover:
- Our hot takes on the year in headlines – Hollywood’s “Ozempedemic,” Alessandro Michele’s Gucci departure and… is this the next K18?
- The one beauty-adjacent story making international news that could change the course of history, and why we’re inspired by creators like Elica Lebon to support United for Iran
- The biggest moments in TikTok this year like Bobbi Brown’s epic clapback with Jones Road, Brownie Glazed Lips and why Mikayla Makeup has taken a break from the platform
- Dulma’s expert take on which beauty brands she thinks have been winning and losing in 2022
- Stop everything. These are the beauty brands that Dulma would *personally* invest in right now
For any products or links mentioned in this episode, check out our website.
PROMO CODES: When you support our sponsors, you support the creation of Breaking Beauty Podcast!
Discover all the OUAIs to Share Joy this holiday season. Go to theouai.com and use code BEAUTY to get 15% off your entire purchase.
Stock up on all of your Italian beauty essentials today at espressoh.com and get 15% off of your purchase using our discount code BEAUTY. And remember, there’s no “x” in espressOh!
Get glasses as ever-changing as you are with Pair. Go to paireyewear.com today and support our show with code BEAUTY15 for 15% off your first purchase
Origins is the pioneering, nature-infused skincare brand with elevated gift sets that will surprise-and-delight everyone on your holiday shopping list. Get Origins gift sets today, available at Origins.com.
So for insights on how to make the latest trends work for you, find new ideas on some of your wardrobe basics, and even get gift inspo for your loved ones check out LiveStyle at macys.com/macyslive
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
Theme song, used with permission: Cherry Bomb by Saya
Produced by Dear Media Studio