“Chaotic Skin,” Grading Your Skin Age & Are Single-Ingredient Serums Over? With Olay Principal Scientist Dr. Rolanda Wilkerson
Manage episode 377424468 series 2067145
In partnership with our friends at Olay, this week we’re asking all of the questions you ever wanted to know from a cosmetic chemist, with Olay Principal Scientist, Dr. Rolanda Johnson Wilkerson. In this uninterrupted chat, the STEM powerhouse enlightens us on the meaning of “chaotic skin,” the most underrated (and most overrated!) ingredients in skincare and what happens to your skin while you sleep.
Plus, stay tuned until the end to find out how old Carlene’s skin really is compared to her actual age, according to a professional imaging device you can now find in derm’s offices and facialist spots.
You’ll hear all about:
- Are the latest all-in-one serums as effective as single-ingredient formulations?
- Should you really avoid using vitamin C and niacinamide at the same time?
- The one ingredient that Dr. Wilkerson has been studying lately, proven to be a boon for redness-prone skin
- Why you should always wash your face at night, even if you’ve had a makeup-free day
- The blue-sky skincare product that the chemist wishes she could develop, which doesn’t exist yet
For any products or links mentioned in this episode, check out our website: https://breakingbeautypodcast.com/episode-recaps/
This episode is brought to you in partnership with Olay:
You can find Olay’s Super Serum and other Olay products in major retailers nationwide across Canada and the US. For more information, visit Olay.ca
*Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, all products reviewed are gratis media samples submitted for editorial consideration.*
Theme song, used with permission: Cherry Bomb by Saya
Produced by Dear Media Studio