Manage episode 301992213 series 2733036
In this week’s episode of The Boxoffice Podcast, co-hosts Russ Fischer, Daniel Loria, Rebecca Pahle, and Shawn Robbins discuss the $75.5M box office gross for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, a record for Labor Day weekend and the third-highest September release ever. In the feature segment, Daniel talks to Aron Gaudet and Gita Pullapilly of STXfilms about their R-rated comedy Queenpins, in theaters this Friday.
Give us your feedback on our podcast by accessing this survey: https://forms.gle/CcuvaXCEpgPLQ6d18
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Shatters Expectations w/ Record-Smashing $71.4M 3-Day/$83.5M 4-Day Opening
What to Listen For
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:38 Shang-Chi made $90M on 4,300 screens
- 10:36 Major title release date changes
- 14:35 Tom Cruise franchise films getting pushed back
- 19:27 Expectations for Q4 in the box office
- 24:43 Queenpins was inspired by a true story
- 25:51 Production started in October 2020 during the height of the pandemic
- 27:03 How the pandemic impacted the filming
- 29:08 Production complications
- 31:16 What’s the importance of a comedy film hitting the theaters?
- 34:04 Marketing tips for movie theaters