"The Real Johnny Bravo," Kurt Heeren on Gaining 100k on TikTok, Moving to Cali., Finding a Job You Love out of College and Personal Training
Manage episode 298327661 series 2181720
Remember the show Johnny Bravo? I think back to watching cartoons as a kid, and hearing his classic catchphrases while the self-proclaimed macho man attempted to court every lady he laid eyes on. Lucky enough for me, a long-time friend of mine is the internet-proclaimed, "Real Johnny Bravo."
Kurt Heeren is a fitness trainer at F45 Training, an Accounts Receivable expert at EXOS, and most importantly: he's the Real-Life Johnny Bravo. He's garnered over 100,000 followers on TikTok in less than 6 months. After a friend filmed him at a Halloween party as Johnny Bravo, the video went viral on TikTok and Kurt began to realize that his small time in the spotlight could lead to some big things.
In this episode we talk about:
- Leaving New Jersey to move to California
- How being mislead turned his Cali. move into shit-show the first hour he was there
- Personal training, and what it's like taking a group fitness class vs. 1-on-1
- Finding and loving a 9-5 while persuing dreams on the side
- How his Halloween costume turned into a viral sensation overnight
- His TikTok philosophy, and where he's taking his persona next
I enjoyed sitting down with Kurt on this episode, catching up after all of these years and hearing his rise to TikTok fame. Thanks for listening!
Watch his TikTok Here
Follow Kurt Here
Watch the Video Version on YouTube
@sullybop on Instagram
Search 'BOPCAST' on any platform! (Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube)
Visit SullyBop.com for more information, show notes, and to join our monthly newsletter.