Manage episode 334977787 series 2580967
Kris & David are back this week with Keith Harris (@glasgowkjh) to discuss the week-plus that was July 12-19, 2005, which Keith requested as a $100 Patreon pick.
- We start off talking about WWE and the backlash from the Muhammad Hassan "terrorist" angle with The Undertaker that aired hours after the 7/7 attack in London and how that blew up in their faces, causing them to backtrack heavily. We also talk about SmackDown & Raw, which is always wild to look back at in this era, as well as Triple H gaining more office duties, Earl Hebner getting fired, Matt Hardy & Lita appearing on Byte This in an infamous moment, and much more.
- We then go to Japan where we start off with Shinya Hashimoto's funeral and then move on to Destiny, the massive NOAH Tokyo Dome show that Keith attended, which was the reason why he picked this week. We talk about all the matches and other happenings from the show, which featured the legendary Kenta Kobashi-Kensuke Sasaki match and the final Toshiaki Kawada-Mitsuharu Misawa singles match. We also talk about some of the other shows Keith went to, plus all of the major results and news for the week.
- Next up is Mexico & Puerto Rico, where we talk about a very hot period for CMLL, a startup promotion in Puerto Rico that fell apart before they ran a show, and a crazy Bruiser Brody Memorial Show for the WWC.
- Then we go back to the United States for some Summer of Punk in Ring of Honor — which Dave Meltzer was getting tired of, Charlie Haas returning to JAPW, some other big indie shows, and more.
- We then close with TNA, which was in a holding pattern of sorts until starting on Spike TV, so we talk about that plus a very interesting NO SURRENDER PPV and much more.
A long, but very fun show, so listen now!!!!!!!!!!!
2:05:06 Eurasia: Shinya Hashimoto funeral, NOAH, AJPW, NJPW, DDT, Dragon Door, Dragon Gate, Hustle, Michinoku Pro, Osaka Pro, Bikkuri Pro, & FWA
4:06:39 Classic Commercial Break
4:23:31 Latin America: AAA, CMLL, IWRG, Monterrey, GladiatorCW, WWC, & IWAPR
4:46:02 Other USA: Ballpark Brawl, ROH, JAPW, Steve Karel, IWAEC, Iron Ring, NWA Anarchy, IWAMS, & FCW (Los Angeles)
5:09:47 Patreon Preview: Someone is trying to play both sides of Rita Chatterton’s allegations against Vince McMahon to different TV shows
To support the show and get access to exclusive rewards like special members-only monthly themed shows, go to our Patreon page at Patreon.com/BetweenTheSheets and become an ongoing Patron. Becoming a Between the Sheets Patron will also get you exclusive access to not only the monthly themed episode of Between the Sheets, but also access to our new mailbag segment, a Patron-only chat room on Slack, and anything else we do outside of the main shows!
If you’re looking for the best deal on a VPN service—short for Virtual Private Network, it helps you get around regional restrictions as well as browse the internet more securely—then Private Internet Access is what you’ve been looking for. Not only will using our link help support Between The Sheets, but you’ll get a special discount, with prices as low as $1.98/month if you go with a 40 month subscription. With numerous great features and even a TV-specific Android app to make streaming easier, there is no better choice if you’re looking to subscribe to WWE Network, AEW Plus, and other region-locked services.
For the best in both current and classic indie wrestling streaming, make sure to check out IndependentWrestling.tv and use coupon code BTSPOD for a free 5 day trial! (You can also go directly to TinyURL.com/IWTVsheets to sign up that way.) If you convert to a paid subscriber, we get a kickback for referring you, allowing you to support both the show and the indie scene.
To subscribe, you can find us on iTunes, Google Play, and just about every other podcast app's directory, or you can also paste Feeds.FeedBurner.com/BTSheets into your favorite podcast app using whatever “add feed manually” option it has.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/between-the-sheets/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands