Manage episode 282929156 series 2359394
(For a short tutorial on how to search the transcript, see here.)
In This Episode:
Dr. K talks to fellow geriatrician Dr. Nicole Didyk about her new book: When Your Aging Parent Needs Help: A geriatrician s guide to memory loss, safety worries, resistance, and more. Dr. Didyk is the founder of the blog and YouTube channel The Wrinkle.
- What led Dr. K to create this step-by-step guide for children of aging parents
- Why the book is set up in four sections: taking stock, taking aim, taking action, plus taking the long view
- How to communicate with your aging parent attentively and respectfully
- How dementia and other memory or thinking issues often play a key role in an older adult s resistance to change
- Why she included practical real-life examples and printable downloadable cheatsheets that readers can reference
- The A-B-C-D-E framework for taking action to help an aging parent
- Why adult children often need to check themselves and accept their parents choices
- More information on the book: When Your Aging Parent Needs Help
- 9 Types of Issues to Address When Helping Older Parents
The post 116 – Interview: Dr. K s New Book: When Your Aging Parent Needs Help appeared first on Better Health While Aging.