Manage episode 371297590 series 3421756
Indianapolis Battalion Chief Dr. Candace Ashby takes an honest, humor-driven tell-it-like-it-is approach to leadership, urging company officers, and really all members, to call out bad behavior when they see it. Imagine the tone shift and culture change possible, she says, if company officers told their members to, “Pull your head out of your ass and act like you got some damn sense” at the moment of offense.
Plus, we dig into all of this:
- Being proactive when you’re unhappy with FD leadership;
- Her favorite activity to build crew camaraderie.
- Simple advice for leaders trying to problem-solve FD issues;
- The insanity of not teaching soft skills to officers; and
- How to overcome a “screw this place” mindset that can arise during any career.
Email email@example.com to share your feedback!