Manage episode 302585667 series 1041789
For the second year in a row, the famed Oktoberfest in Munich has been cancelled. Sad. But, the beers are still flowing and there are pretty of great offerings available across the States. We gathered up with a couple friends and fellow beer lovers recently for our annual Oktoberfest Blind Beer Tasting. Anthony Storey of Storey Time Construction joined us along with repeat Oktoberfest taster, Nate Scheiber of Cherry Street Brewing.
Our rules are pretty simple. Taste the beer and make some notes on whether or not you like it. Easy stuff. We've got Marzen and Festbier in the mix together, it's just all about the season. We sampled 10 beers for the competition and sampled Bold Monk's Festbier after the tasting courtesy of owner John "JR" Roberts.
Listen to the show now to hear our picks. We'll post our Top 3 list at beerguysradio.com on Monday, September 20th. Prost!The Beer List (In alphabetical order, not tasting order.)
- Bells Oktoberfest | Marzen | 5.5%
- Hacker-Pschorr | Oktoberfest Marzen | 5.8%
- Hi Wire Zirkusfest | Marzen, 6%
- Hofbrau Munchen | Oktoberfestbier | 6.3%
- Ironmonger Oktoberfest | Marzen, 5.5%
- Paulaner | Oktoberfest Marzen | 5.8%
- Sam Adams Oktoberfest | Marzen style, 5.3%. Generally one of our favs, but has had off years
- Sam Adams Festbier | 5.8%
- Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest | Marzen, 5.5%, not a collab this year
- Yuengling Oktoberfest | Marzen-style
- And the after party palate-pleaser, Festbier from Bold Monk.