Manage episode 307718184 series 2801440
Today we discuss COVID 19, personal choices of consequence and resilience.
Welcome back to the 126th episode of the Hard Thing Podcast.
Here are some highlights from today's show:
- Steve's hardest thing was making it through Hell Week in BUDS and then serving as a Navy Seal
- Resilience is all about coping
- Resilience is getting hit with hard things and still going
- With the "new normal" everyone needs to weigh personal choices and pre-accept their inherent consequences
- Gratitude is an excellent way to prepare your mind before, during, and after hard things
- Parents always teach what schools can't
We also got some great action items from today's guest:
- Work on resilience in all aspects of your life
- Don't overthink
- Ask, "What could I have done better?"
- Start each day with gratitude
- Be a better version of yourself tomorow
Thanks for listening to the show. Make sure you subscribe so you never miss an episode.
Support the Show:
Patreon donation link:
Audible (Free Audiobook):
Share the podcast with one person who could really use it.
Leave a rating and a review.
Subscribe to the podcast so you don't miss any episodes. We are on Google Play, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify.
Buy one of our Shirts or Hoodies
Again thanks so much for listening, and stay tuned to next week. Keep doing Hard Things, and Keep Overcoming Average.
Mentioned in this episode:
Post Launch Pre Roll
Hey, there adventurer! I appreciate you taking the time to do an investigation check and dig into the archives of the show. I want you to know that this is an old episode back when the show was called The Hard Thing Podcast. The topics are still the same, though the format and some of the names are different. If you’re coming back to The Hard Thing Podcast, well surprise! We changed our name and some of our branding. Feel free to hang out in the archives and listen to the wonderful old episode of the Hard Thing Podcast, or take on a new adventure by listening to some of our current episodes. Either way, happy adventuring.