Season 2 Finale (Episode #35): Douglas Lyons: Playwright, Chicken and Biscuits, Broadway, Actor, Singer, The Book of Mormon, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical
Manage episode 303014221 series 2550309
I can't think of a better way to end my second season than by interviewing Douglas Lyons. From acting to playwriting to a love of gummy bears, Douglas Lyons is a multi-hyphenate whose hilarious new and heart-felt play, Chicken & Biscuits makes its Broadway debut this fall from September 23, 2021-January 2, 2022
While Douglas has already been seen on Broadway as an actor in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical & The Book of Mormon, Chicken & Biscuits marks Douglas' Broadway debut as a playwright.
Chicken & Biscuits plays at Circle in the Square from September 23, 2021-January 2, 2022. Click here for tickets!
Connect with Douglas:
Connect with Chicken & Biscuits:
Like What You Hear?
- Join my Patreon Family to get backstage perks including advanced notice of interviews, the ability to submit a question to my guests, behind-the-scene videos, and so much more!
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Visit: https://callmeadam.com for more my print/video interviews
- My Patreon Family for their continued support: Angelo, Reva and Alan, Marianne, Danielle, Tara, Alex, and The Golden Gays NYC. Join the fun at https://patreon.com/callmeadamnyc.
- Theme Song by Bobby Cronin (https://bit.ly/2MaADvQ)
- Podcast Logo by Liam O'Donnell (https://bit.ly/2YNI9CY)
- Edited by Drew Kaufman (https://bit.ly/2OXqOnw)
- Outro Music Underscore by CueTique (Website: https://bit.ly/31luGmT, Facebook: @CueTique)
More on Douglas:
Douglas Lyons is an actor, writer, director, composer, and playwright originally hailing from New Haven, CT. Finding his song in the church led him to acting in the theatre. Which landed him on Broadway, and eventually opened his eyes to writing. As a multi-hyphenate, Douglas is drawn to telling Black and queer stories that illuminate joy. He has a soft spot in his heart for empowering children through music, and devouring gummy bears.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices