Manage episode 296145898 series 1369467
We must be careful to ensure that we own our time.
We frequently complain that we are 'overloaded'
Overwhelm is not something that is done TO YOU. It is something that you accept; or even welcome.
The antidote is simple but hard:
- Say no all day every day
- Limit your participation in meetings
- Delegate, automate, eliminate, integrate
- Don't seek perfection or any '100%' measure (always on time, workout 7 days a week, always available)
- Never book meetings with more than 8 people for more than 20 minutes - anything else excuses "laziness of thought and action" (using time because its there) and invites too many voices - as well as prioritizing consensus.
- Turn off all notifications that demand your response (messaging apps, emails, calls)