Manage episode 371537019 series 3422778
We've got some fellow old people listening to this show (may your tubes of Voltaren be ever on sale), and I think we can all take a little comfort in the fact many of Falcom's RPGs, including the epic The Legend of Heroes saga, are about as old as us. Heroes has had a lot of time to pump out some good storytelling, including the still-celebrated Trails sub-series. But even mighty things come to an end eventually. In this episode we invite Trails fanatic Cam Hawkins to talk about the game that's bringing Sky, Steel, and Crossbell onto one stage and putting a cap on everything: Trails into Reverie. Is it a worthy conclusion to Trails, or does it try a little too hard to cram everyone in and wrap everything up? We talk about Reverie and other Trails matters, including "Where do I even start with this dang series?" (Protip: Really hard to go wrong with Trails in the Sky.)
Also in This Episode:
- The Steam Summer Sale is on! Never forget the Battle of Walletsdeep.
- Baldur's Gate 3 lets you make love to bears, but will it let you throw a knife into heaven and kill with a stare?
- The Pokemon Company has a "dead dove, do not eat" moment when they open their Pokemon forums and are forced to lock them within hours.
- In Summer of Korra, we learn that Toph rocks the unwed wine mother role, so to speak.
- Pac-Man deserves that deep puncture wound I administered.
- 00:00 - Intro/Trails Into Reverie
- 48:24 - Random Encounters
- 51:10 - The Tavern (Discounted RPGs at the Steam Summer Sale, Logitech G-Cloud Review, The Pokemon Company tries to train feral children how to use message boards with mixed, mostly pornographic, success)
- 1:11:08 - Summer of Korra
- 1:21:21 - Nostalgia Nook
Music Used in this Episode:
- Do Your Best! [Breath of Fire III]
- The Pub [Final Fantasy Tictacs]
- The Legend of Korra Main Theme [The Legend of Korra]
- A Curious Tale [Secret of Mana]
- Silver Will, Gold Wings [Trails in the Sky]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices