Manage episode 367125002 series 3422778
After what seems like forever and a day, Final Fantasy XVI has finally arrived on the PlayStation 5. Except, it hasn't really been forever, has it? Game director Naoki Yoshida runs a tight ship, to be sure--but will a timely release be enough to make Final Fantasy fans fall in love with the series' first serious attempt at telling a story with Witcher levels of grit and grime? Friend of the show and VG247 writer Alex Donaldson is here to talk to us about this much-anticipated game of thrones (and Chocobos).
Also in this episode:
- You're going to have grandkids before you see Elder Scrolls VI
- What's deader than dead? E3's prospects
- The rumored "SNES RPG remake" isn't Chrono Trigger, but it's in the same vein, kind of...
- A 50-foot Korra the Explorer epic beam struggles her way into Book 3
- If Alf, Alvin the Chipmunk, and Miss Piggy tell you to stop doing drugs, keep at it. You're already too far gone; just get your money's worth.
- 00:00 - Intro/Final Fantasy XVI Review
- 1:04:25 - Side Quest (Nintendo Direct/Super Mario RPG Remake)
- 1:10:32 - Random Encounters
- 1:15:12 - Summer of Korra
- 1:25:12 - Nostalgia Nook/Outro
Music used in this episode:
- Let's Go Down the Wine River [Super Mario RPG]
- Do Your Best! [Breath of Fire III]
- The Legend of Korra Main Theme [The Legend of Korra]
- A Curious Tale [Secret of Mana]
- Weapons Factory [Super Mario RPG]
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices