Growing Together Through Grief with Kerry and Chris Shook | Ep. 538
Manage episode 350259042 series 2390901
Statistically, odds are not good for a couple processing grief together. Today Kerry and Chris Shook join Dr. Kim on the podcast. In this powerfully encouraging episode, they share how they handled a painful season of grief losing their grandson, Jude, who lived just one day on earth, and how they were shaped, along with their family, through the loss. Kerry and Chris are pastors and co-authors of The Gift of One Day: How to Find Hope When Life Gets Hard.
Episode highlights include:
- Does grief change us, and what does that look like?
- Seeing God at work when he doesn’t seem to answer our biggest prayers
- How to handle grief when you grieve differently than your spouse does
- How thinking about “one day” shapes the grief process
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode. When you sign up, you will get our “5 Days 5 Ways” Love Languages resource for free! Plus you will get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox.
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- Kerry and Chris’s book The Gift of One Day: How to Find Hope When Life Gets Hard tells the whole story
- This month’s 62 Questions About Sex resource helps you be more intentional and thoughtful about quality and satisfaction in your sex life. Plus it comes with 10 Sexy Bucketlist Challenges, just for fun!
- Enjoying our monthly resources? Consider becoming a Marriage Changer! Our Marriage Changers get instant access to each new resource we create, plus exclusive bonus content each month!
- Get bite-sized daily doses of marriage wisdom delivered straight to your inbox with Dr. Kim’s Daily One Thing email. As a subscriber, you’ll also be eligible for some awesome freebies!
- Dr. Kim’s weekly Marriage Multiplier email brings you 4 pieces of practical marriage wisdom in one quick, easy-to-read free weekly email.
- Follow Awesome Marriage on Instagram, Facebook and find Dr. Kim on TikTok!