Manage episode 342214717 series 3342016
In this episode, Andrew explains how to be a Goal Polisher who understands goal setting, especially the critical part of the execution.
The starting point is the definition of success for the goal. How will anyone know it's been reached.
Focusing on execution can help you impress people who are supportive and knowledgeable.
Andrew suggests that the "how" of execution is as important as the "what" of the goal itself.
Excellent Goal Polishers says Andrew fight shy of the limelight. They put others in it to win people's trust and indirectly help themselves.
In his usual three action points at the end, Andrew suggests that you should become familiar with goal setting techniques such as the well-known SMART goal method.
SMART stands for goals which are
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time-bound or time-limited
Sometimes SMART includes Acceptable rather than Achievable. What's important, though, is that you systematically apply a framework like this.
All 50 Ways podcasts end with three actions you can take today to do better.
- Team Player: Why being a team player makes perfect sense.
- Tame the Beast: Be smart and master your anger and impatience.
- Play Big: Why it pays to avoid being petty at work.
Don't miss these important success topics due out over the next few weeks.
- Definitive, carefully researched articles on this topic
- Access the full audio transcript
- Discover the specially created e-learning units based on the Podcasts.
- Participate in the Forum where you can ask questions about this Podcast or raise issues about work and receive answers.
Find all these at the Podcast website: www.50Ways.site