Manage episode 377824377 series 2496009
Visit our Patreon page to see the various tiers you sign up for today to get in on the ground floor of AIPT Patreon. We hope to see you chatting with us on our Discord soon!
- 'Original X-Men' #1 uncovering multiversal mystery December 20th
- Marvel signals the end of the Krakoan Age for January 2024 with new teaser
- ‘Ultimate Spider-Man’ relaunching by Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto
- Chip Zdarsky returns to Marvel with 'Avengers: Twilight'
- Rick Remender signs a three-year exclusive Image Comics contract
- New dystopian series ‘Our Bones Dust’ #1 coming December 6th
- BOOM! sets December 27th for Slaughterverse series 'Book of Butcher' #1
- Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev reteam for 'Masterpiece' #1
Our Top Books of the Week
- Wonder Woman #1 (Tom King, Daniel Sampere)
- Predator vs. Wolverine (Benjamin Percy, Greg Land, Ken Lashley, Kei Zama)
- Rare Flavours #1 (Ram V, Filipe Andrade)
- Captain America #1 (J. Michael Straczynski, Jesus Saiz)
Standout KAPOW moment of the week:
Nathan - Hawkgirl #3 (Jadzia Axelrod, Amancay Nahuelpan)
Dave - Superman #6 (Joshua Williamson, Gleb Melnikov)
TOP BOOKS FOR NEXT WEEK
- Dave: Power Girl #1 (Leah Williams, Julio Ferreira, Eduardo Pansica)
- Nathan: Batman: The Brave and the Bold #5 (Various)
JUDGING BY THE COVER JR.
Interview - Segment: Women of Marvel podcasters Ellie Pyle and Preeti Chhibber
- To start, Women of Marvel is taking on a new format, what can fans expect and why change things up?
- You're both incredibly talented with many credits to your name, could you talk a little bit about your other work and how you apply those skills to podcasting?
- The editing on the show is fantastic, speaking as a person who edits a podcast every week, how much time goes into the sound design and tight editing?
- For the podcasters out there, how much time goes into prep for the show, the recording, and post production?
- Your first episode is about Jean Grey, was there anything you learned about Jean in prepping for the show, or from the guests, that you didn't know?
- Is Jean your favorite X-Woman, and if not, who and why?
- As revealed at SDCC, this season has Jean Grey, Shuri, Gwen Stacy, Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, and Echo getting the spotlight, is there a particular episode you're excited for fans to listen to?
- You have amazing guests on too, with folks from the science world, a fandom, a writer from the X-Men Animated series, and journalist. Will each episode feature such a great swath of guests?
- Preeti, your new book Spider-Man’s Social Dilemma out September 5th utlizes the Spot, how exciting is it writing the character now that he's so well known thanks to the Spider-Verse movie?