Manage episode 293021460 series 1024422
Today Sharon Stein McNamara, Ed.D. is with us, sharing some of her personal story intermingled with her expertise as a psychologist. Ever wonder if therapists and psychologists are being taught about relinquishment trauma? Have you heard of how helpful Dialectical Behaviour Therapy can be for adopted people? Sharon even reveals the surprising impact reunion had on her romantic relationships.
- When There Are No Words: Repairing Early Trauma and Neglect From the Attachment Period With EMDR Therapy Paperback – by Sandra L. Paulsen Ph.D.
- Gabor Mate and Zara Phillips - The Trauma of Relinquishment - Adoption, Addiction and Beyond
- Mary Hayes Grieco’s teachings on forgiveness. Her book is Ambushed by Babies and her other work is available on maryhayesgrieco.com
- Sharon Stein McNamara, Ed.D.: www.sharonsteinmcnamara.com | ssmcnamara [at[ comcast [dot] net
- Haley Radke: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Adoptees On: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Support Adoptees On