Manage episode 319944341 series 2322877
As the author of "Wanting: The Power of Mimetic Desire in Everyday Life," Luke has spent plenty of time and energy researching the power of desire. I absolutely loved getting into the book and wanted to spend some time getting into the nuts and bolts with Luke about why "wanting" has so much power... and what to do with that power.
We unpacked a lot during our discussion – from impostor syndrome to needs and wants becoming one and the same (or appearing to be) to attempting to avoid choosing the wrong things to desire. I learned a lot from this conversation, making it incredibly productive.
I trust you'll learn a lot, too.
- Connect with Luke: Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Luke's Book: Wanting: The Power of Mimetic Desire in Everyday Life
- Luke and I both use the Monk Manual: Get 10% off one here with the code TIMECRAFTING
- I also use this journaling app: Reflection
- Luke chatting with Ryan Holiday: The Daily Stoic Podcast
- Related Conversation: Episode 189 of A Productive Conversation
- Related Blog Post: The Priority
Thanks to all of the sponsors of this episode. You can find all of the sponsors you heard me mention on this episode on our Podcast Sponsors page.
Want to support the podcast? Beyond checking out our sponsors, you can subscribe to the show wherever you listen to podcasts. Click on any of the links below to make that happen.
You can also click on this link to paste the podcast feed into your podcast app of choice.
Thanks again for listening to A Productive Conversation. See you later.