Manage episode 300738316 series 2882429
Today’s guest, Adii Pienaar, is not a fan of labels, but he’s a true life-first entrepreneur and avid writer. He also co-founded WooThemes in 2007, founded Conversio in 2014. His latest book, Life Profitability: The New Measure of Entrepreneurial Success distills a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact. I found it really impactful, so I couldn’t wait to bring Adii on to the show.
Listen to this conversation as we take a step back and review how to live an enriched life AND run a successful business. We discuss the power of language, journaling, what ‘harmony’ means to Adii – and cultivating ‘breadcrumbs’ of writing.
- Being a seeker
- The pros and cons of ambition
- Why we shouldn’t strive for ‘work-life balance
- Measuring qualitative goals
- How to maintain and sustain your life profitability
- How journaling has helped Adii
- Breaking old patterns
"Seek the newer versions of your truths."
- ‘Life Profitability’ by Adii Pienaar
- ‘Motion’ by Adii Pienaar
- The Toxicity of Relentless Ambition
- ‘When Breath Becomes Air’ by Paul Kalanithi
- Episode 226: How to Build a Company of One with Paul Jarvis
- ‘Siddhartha’ by Hermann Hesse
- ‘The Values Factor’ by Dr. John DeMartini
- 13 Questions with Dr John Demartini
Want to discover some of the books mentioned on the podcast? Check out Scribd, my reading app of choice.
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. Also don't forget to check out all of our podcast sponsors found on our podcast sponsors page.
If you enjoyed the episode, please leave a rating and/or review wherever you listened to the episode. And if you want to have easy access to the archives of the show and ensure you don't miss the new episodes to come then subscribe to the podcast in the app you're using – or you can do so on a variety of podcast platforms by clicking here.