Manage episode 319251523 series 2090100
Nancy started her career at Goldman Sachs — but she always knew she wanted to be an entrepreneur. She had grown up helping her grandmother and her mother make natural home-remedies for hair and skin, and realized there was a gaping hole in the beauty market. But she didn’t quit her day job right away: instead, she stayed on the trading room floor for another four years and worked evenings and weekends to run her own business, Briogeo, on the side. Talk about time management skills.
In this episode, Nancy talks about:
- What she learned on Wall Street during the 2008 financial crash
- Figuring out when to quit your day job
- Putting product development before branding
- Making choices during a company’s early stages
- When to think about outside funding for a business