Manage episode 324700663 series 2090100
When Michelle Kelly started at Lilly Pulitzer in 2004, her business card read “Major Stores Development Manager.” Now, it says “CEO.” Kelly has held 8 different titles across at least 4 different departments at the company — from retail, to merchandising, marketing, to e-commerce. So in this episode, we chat with Michelle about the art of the pivot. Started from the bottom, now we here.
In this episode, Michelle shares:
- How she got her bosses to let her switch departments
- How to tell your boss you want to try something new
- What it was like to take on growth roles and “start over” on new teams
- What it’s like to manage your friends and peers
- How she thinks about balancing trying new things and moving up the ladder