Manage episode 328792167 series 2090100
When Fidji Simo was an exec at Facebook, she discovered she had a chronic health condition. That meant: taking meetings from her bed, fainting at work, and awkward conversations with her bosses. That experience taught Fidji how to be a leader while taking care of herself and putting her health first. A lesson she now brings to her team at Instacart, where she’s the CEO.
In this episode, Fidji shares:
- The must-have in her weekly Instacart order (hint: it’s a sweet treat)
- Why being a woman in a male-dominated industry is actually an advantage
- How she integrates work and life instead of separating them
- Why sponsorship means more than mentorship in work relationships
- How opening up about her chronic condition made her leadership stronger