Manage episode 331599794 series 2090100
When you look at Beth Ford’s resume, you probably didn’t know the Land O’ Lakes CEO started out detasseling corn for $2 an hour and cleaning toilets as a janitor. And Beth told us she wouldn’t have ever become CEO without those jobs. Because being successful in business comes from learning about people – and celebrating wins at every level.
In this episode, Beth shares:
- The string of odd jobs she did to get by as one of eight children in Iowa
- How taking the job in the field helped her learn about business and people
- Why she decided to grow her career laterally instead of vertically in her early career
- The importance of asking for feedback regularly, and why it’s a gift
- Why humility is key to being a good leader