Blending Awareness, Social Engineering, and Physical Penetration Testing -- A Conversation with Jayson E. Street
Manage episode 375519351 series 2891942
On today's show, Perry sits down with Jayson E. Street to discuss his unique blend of social engineering, physical penetration testing, and security awareness. Jayson refers to this as being trained by a simulated adversary. At the heart of Jayson's method is intense boldness in his approach to social engineering and penetration testing coupled with an equally intense passion for helping his clients and their employees improve their overall security posture and mindsets. It's about education rather than exploitation.
YouTube videos of Jayson
- 2022 Saintcon: Hacker Striptease
- Tomorrow Unlocked: Penetration tester Jayson E. Street helps banks by hacking them
- Risks & Reels: Who's a Hacker?
Jasyon's book (Amazon Associate link)
Perry's Books (Amazon Associate links)
- Transformational Security Awareness: What Neuroscientists, Storytellers, and Marketers Can Teach Us About Driving Secure Behaviors, by Perry Carpenter
- The Security Culture Playbook: An Executive Guide To Reducing Risk and Developing Your Human Defense Layer by Perry Carpenter & Kai Roer
Be sure to check out Perry's other show, Digital Folklore. It's all about the oddities and importance of online culture. Head over to the show's website (https://digitalfolklore.fm/) to see our custom artwork, subscribe to the newsletter, shop for merch, support the show on Patreon, and more. Want to check out what others are saying? Here's some recent press about the show: https://digitalfolklore.fm/in-the-news. Season 2 starts September 4, 2023.
8Li cover art by Chris Machowski @ https://www.RansomWear.net/.
8th Layer Insights theme music composed and performed by Marcos Moscat @ https://www.GameMusicTown.com/
Want to get in touch with Perry? Here's how: