Manage episode 364600610 series 2891970
Jared Correia and Jill Schornack, VP of Product at Net Documents, discuss AI's role in legal technology. They explore how AI-powered tools can enhance document management, streamlining workflows and improving consistency. They also emphasize the benefits of integrating document management software with platforms like Microsoft M365 and Teams for better collaboration, document sharing, and security. The conversation highlights the need for software vendors to support customers and users to effectively leverage these technologies in the legal sphere.
- 01:18 Introducing guest Jill Schornack from Net Documents
- 03:16 AI, ChatGPT, and large language models and how technology has improved over the years and how it can be beneficial and transformative for legal technology
- 05:17 How AI can impact legal and specifically the document management arena.
- 08:52 The many capabilities of AI
- 11:12 Data security in AI applications
- 12:42 The importance of properly vetting AI software and looking for solutions that allow users to design their own prompts while also having out-of-the-box AI skills
- 14:51 The exciting world of taxonomies for document management and the benefits of having a standardized legal data taxonomy to enhance AI workflow capabilities
- 18:27 The shift in adoption of tools like Microsoft Teams and M365 for document sharing, storing posts and chats, and how access controls and security measures are important in this new environment
- 20:30 Continuing need for cloud-based tools to support remote teams and diversified workforces even after the pandemic
- 20:55 Supporting customers and users through software by delivering value alongside the user while drafting documents and collaborating on virtual platforms like Microsoft Teams Episode Resources
- Connect with Jared Correia
- Connect with Jill Schornack