Manage episode 361622587 series 3009941
Jelli and Bekinney continue breaking down Akira Toriyama's worldwide manga and anime phenomenon by breaking down episodes 56 and 57, "Strange Visitor, " and "Arale vs. Blue." We continue discussing the Red Ribbon Army, the walking contradiction that is General Blue, continue talking about Dr. Slump, and do our usual end-of-arc manga comparisons.
In this episode:
- Jelli remains convinced he is having a nervous breakdown as Bekinney attempts to get him to notice that they're standing in the same spot
- We recap the episodes and discuss our favorite moments
- We clarify a bit of potentially problematic General Blue trivia
- We talk about whether Arale is worthy to be judged as acceptable to ride Kinto-un (Flying Nimbus) and whether Arale qualifies as Vision did or did not in Avengers Age of Ultron
- And then we get into comparing the manga to the anime as we do when we reach the end of an arc, including examining the differences in the West City portion of the story, how the manga drives home the comparisons between the Red Ribbon Army and the Nazis moreso than the anime, and how some of the puns and jokes differ
- We also talk about faxing
- And we continue breaking down the crossover
- and more, including some general pop culture, trivia, and editorializing, as usual
Join us as we continue to uncover the cultural meanings, publication facts, inspirations and more behind the wildly popular Dragon Ball franchise.