81. A Conversation About Brain Over Binge
Manage episode 354096021 series 2969132
Many people who've struggled with binge eating for a long time have come across the book "Brain Over Binge" by Kathryn Hansen. Sarah and Stef, co-hosts, both read the book as they tried to recover and are discussing how the method landed for them. The episode looks into:
- Stef’s history and experience with reading BOB and taking the official BOB course
- Sarah’s experience of “looking forward to” the next binge urge to learn a new response.
- Dismissal of urges as irresponsible – what if those messages from the primal brain are valid, asks Stef
- Weight and eating as pathological
- Minimization (demonization?) of conventional therapy
- Do some personality types find this approach easier than others?
- Sarah’s use of RALIC to ride out binge urges - but not with the goal of not bingeing itself.
- What if giving yourself permission to binge does NOT feel okay?
- Does it work to delay a binge?
- What can we take from BOB, in S&S’s perspective?
Connect with the show!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lifeafterdietspodcast/
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.lifeafterdietspodcast.com
Connect with Sarah Dosanjh
Website – www.thebingeeatingtherapist.com
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBingeEatingTherapist
Sarah’s book I Can’t Stop Eating is available on Amazon
Connect with Stefanie Michele
Website – www.iamstefaniemichele.com
Binge Eating Recovery Course - www.iamstefaniemichele.com/iamstefaniemichelecourse