Manage episode 353988094 series 2390901
Abuse of any kind is entirely inconsistent with God’s plan for marriage, as described in Scripture. Today Dr. David E. Clarke returns to the podcast to debunk reasons that godly women give for staying with their abusive spouse. Dr. Clarke has counseled so many spouses who have been taught that God wants them to remain with an abuser, so today he explains a clear, biblical basis for separation from an ungodly, unrepentant, narcissistic, or dangerous spouse. Listen to learn about confronting the lies that keep you with an abuser.
Episode highlights include:
- Many wives will stay for the kids’ sake. Is that good for the kids?
- How to know if the spouse is truly committed to change
- Advice for a spouse who stays because they do not have a job or income of their own
- Differences between addressing normal marital issues and dealing with abuse
We pray this episode is helpful to you and your marriage.
Subscribe to Podcast Email to make sure you never miss an episode. When you sign up, you will get our “4-Week Connection Challenge" for free! Plus you will get noteworthy quotes, resources, and more delivered straight to your inbox.
*Music for this podcast is created by Noah Copeland. Check him out here!
- Get Dr. Clarke’s book, 20 Lies That Keep You With Your Abuser
- Find all of Dr. Clarke’s books and his many helpful resources at DavidEClarkePhD.com
- We believe a world full of awesome marriages will change the world! Our Marriage Changers get instant access to each monthly resource we create, and much more. Click to learn more about membership!
- Scripture references from today’s episode:
- If you are unsafe in your marriage, please contact https://www.thehotline.org/ or 800.799.SAFE