Manage episode 342198176 series 2918293
In this conversation, Daniel Belkin and Mitch Belkin speak with Adam Cifu, MD, about how to improve medical education, the importance of evidence-based medicine, and medical reversals. We discuss his collaboration with Vinay Prasad, MD, why we should swap the order of medical school curricula, and landmark trials that changed his clinical practice .
Who is Adam Cifu?
Adam Cifu a general internist and professor of medicine at the University of Chicago. He is a clinical educator, a podcast host, and the author of over 100-peer reviewed articles as well as two books: Ending Medical Reversal: Improving Outcomes, Saving Lives (2015) and Symptom to Diagnosis: An Evidence Based Guide (4th Edition, 2019)
- Adam Cifu's podcast: Symptoms 2 Diagnosis
- Transfusion Strategies for Acute Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S)
- The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Study (DCCT)
- Mortality and Morbidity in Patients Receiving Encainide, Flecainide, or Placebo — The Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial
- Coffee and Cancer of the Pancreas