Manage episode 341715200 series 2490074
In this episode, Joe plays a brainy game with his guest Théa James. They call it Brain Injury Recovery Roulette. Joe asked the brain injury community on his socials for topics to choose from that he should discuss on the show and Thea and Joe then randomly selected one of the topics by rolling a virtual die on the spot to discuss in this episode. The random topic for this episode is overstimulation tips to help ease your nerves when you’re already overstimulated. Joe speaks about overstimulation from the perspective of a man from the states, who also experiences dissociation and PTSD from his stroke while Théa speaks about it from the perspective of a woman from New Zealand who suffered trauma multiple traumatic brain injuries. They also talk about Théa’s experience as a TBI survivor as well as her background as a speech and language pathology student.
Help us choose a topic for our next Brain Injury Recovery Roulette round! Tweet and tag us @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter with your topic ideas!
- Follow Théa James on IG - https://instagram.com/yourbrainbff
New to our show? Take our episode tour to get started! https://newsletter.theneuronerds.com/tour
Find tools for recovery in Joe’s FREE guide, 9 Must-Have Tools for Stroke & Brain Injury Recovery! This guide includes some essential tools for your recovery journey including tips for occupational and physical therapy, mindset, overstimulation, and more. Get your copy here → https://www.yousorock.coach/guide
If you’re a brain injury survivor who would like to learn how to shift your mindset, create a routine, and get more support during recovery, book a call with Joe at https://newsletter.yousorock.coach/checkin-call
Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Shop at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds!
- Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
- Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram
- Submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
- Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
- Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
- Edited by Marcellus Wesley - https://www.soundsignature.productions
- Sponsored by Motus Nova, Avid Technology, and our Patreon Supporters
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.