Manage episode 336435658 series 2713647
Kevin Bupp began investing in real estate with the help of a mentor more than two decades ago at the age of 19. After saving up $7K to buy his first property, Kevin soon realized he needed to scale if he wanted to create significant cash flow. He acquired 150 single-family rental properties before venturing into commercial real estate.
Today, Kevin is the owner and president of Sunrise Capital Investors, a boutique real estate private equity firm that specializes in acquiring and managing niche assets such as mobile home parks and parking lots. In this episode, Kevin discusses his experience as an investor during the economic downturn of 2008, how the experience changed his outlook on assets going forward, and how to avoid risky deals in today’s market.
Kevin Bupp | Real Estate Background
- Owner/president of Sunrise Capital Investors, a boutique real estate private equity firm that specializes in acquiring and managing niche assets such as mobile home parks and parking lots.
- Previous episode: JF 16: How to Amass a Large Portfolio, Lose Most of It, and Come Back Stronger
- GP of $100M+ in AUM with properties in 13 states
- LP of:
- 3,000+ multifamily units
- 2 million sq. ft. of self-storage
- 500,000 sq. ft. of medical offices
- A dozen car washes
- Based in: Clearwater, FL
- Say hi to him at:
- Greatest lesson: Passion is the key. Without it, ideas die before they have a chance to thrive, people don’t start their own businesses, and success remains a speck on the horizon.
Stay in touch with us!