Manage episode 334892779 series 2507500
Did you know that there are over 10,000 ingredients used in cosmetic and personal care products?
And only 13% of them have been reviewed for safety. Many of the ingredients that have been reviewed have shown to have a multitude of harmful effects on women’s health.
So how are you supposed to navigate the products we use and the ingredients in them?
Jordan answers that question in this episode as she speaks with non-toxic consumer product researcher, Irina Webb.
Together they dig into how to be a wise consumer who can navigate product ingredients and choose the best non-toxic option.
Tune in to learn:
- The issues we see with consumer products today
- The lack of safety regulation that exists in the US
- What to look for when researching the safety of a product
- Go-to sources for identifying the safety of an ingredient
- Tips on how to navigate an ingredient label and red flags to look for
- The problem of greenwashing and the false marketing terms we should be aware of
- How to switch to cleaner products
Want to dig deeper? Check out these free resources: