Manage episode 333581916 series 1659696
Martha Beck is a bestselling author, life coach, and speaker who specializes in helping individuals and groups achieve greater levels of personal and professional success. She is the author of nine nonfiction books and one novel, and has been a longtime contributor to O, The Oprah Magazine. Her most recent book is The Way of Integrity: Finding the Path to Your True Self
Eric and Martha discuss how to live in integrity and find the path to your true self.
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Martha Beck and I Discuss The Path to Your True Self and …
- Her book, The Way of Integrity: Finding the Path to Your True Self\
- How what we often want is influenced by our culture
- Asking ourselves what we yearn for as opposed to what you want
- The repetitive cycle of thoughts that cause fear
- How our culture reinforces the fear
- Learning to move from fear to curiosity
- How humor and using your senses can turn down our fear
- The dilemma of when our nature conflicts with our culture
- Psychological suffering comes from the thoughts we choose to believe
- Why suffering is needed to make us pay attention and can actually be our ally
- Understanding that we have different “internal parts” that make up our whole self (Ref. to Richard Schwartz’s Internal Family Systems
- Her New Year’s resolution to not lie for a year and the healing that she found
- Navigating her way out of the Mormon religion
- How switching our identity to a material self to a limitless state of being brings joy
- Learning to imagine the good that will come from facing our discomfort
- The power of small, incremental, and repetitive actions to change your life
Martha Beck links:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Martha Beck, check out these other episodes:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.