Manage episode 333493389 series 3336954
Marcus Ross, founder and owner of Ready to Heal Counselling, joins Jamie to discuss his journey from adversity to self-discovery, healing and purpose. Marcus shares how his own pain ignited a desire to help other men struggling with similar life challenges and inspired him to launch his business, Ready to Heal Counseling. He highlights the importance of being aware that children pattern their behavior and coping skills from what they see their parents exhibiting. Additionally, he explains why it is crucial for personal growth and emotional development to re-evaluate our choices and take responsibility for the unfavorable outcomes that occur in our relationships.
Tune in as Jamie and Marcus discuss:
- How witnessing his parents disputes at age 6 impacted his relationships well into adulthood.
- The impact his father’s shocking death had on him and his family and how it became a defining moment leading him to where he is today.
- Why ignoring emotions and pain is normalized behavior for many men.
- The difficulties he encountered when within one year he separated from his first wife, his son was born, and his father passed away.
- How counselling helped him realize his failure to take responsibility for his role in the ending of his first marriage and begin to address his anger issues.
- How he started his entrepreneurship journey by counseling men experiencing loss, separation, and divorce.
- How the pandemic in 2020 was a wakeup call that ultimately led him to discover his purpose in life.
- How he knew it was time to transition professionally and the mindset that enabled him to finally take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- The biggest lessons he’s learned from his personal and financial challenges.
Connect with Marcus:
Support Labrador Lending:
Connect with Jamie: