47. But How Do I Know If I'm Restricting (Part 2)
Manage episode 331008235 series 2969132
A follow up to last week’s episode is out by popular demand. In this episode we continue talking about the nuances of restriction and the ways this might be showing up in your disordered eating and/or recovery process. We cover:
- What is emotional restriction?
- What does it look like to have emotional regulation instead of emotional restriction?
- Restriction of authenticity, desires, and self
- Why does it make sense to honor mental hunger in the absence of physical hunger?
- Restriction during certain times of day, around certain people, or only benig able to eat with certain bowls/utensils
- Are there scenarios where physical restriction makes sense?
- What about restricting for health reasons
We are now on Patreon! Join the private FB group.
Connect with the show!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lifeafterdietspodcast/
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Sarah Dosanjh
Website – www.thebingeeatingtherapist.com
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBingeEatingTherapist
Sarah’s book I Can’t Stop Eating is available on Amazon
Connect with Stefanie Michele
Website – www.iamstefaniemichele.com
Work With Stef - www.iamstefaniemichele.com/application