Consequences of Hiring Candidates Who Don't Fit with Company Values with Margarida Rafael, Workzinga
Manage episode 330899728 series 2286647
In this HRchat episode, we ask what happens if you hire people who do not align with your values? Listen too, as we delve into better ways to implement and validate candidate assessments.
Bill's returning guest is Margarida Rafael, Head of Psychological Sciences at Workzinga, a job search and hiring platform emphasizing company culture fit. Margarida works as a researcher and assessment content creator.
Questions For Margarida Include:
- How do leaders decide what type of company they want to be / the values they stand for?
- Where does the culture of an org really come from? Is it top-down? How do employees contribute?
- How can HR be relentless with the mission to hire folks who really fit with the company culture?
- Can you now talk about the process of validating assessments (or lack thereof)? What are the processes and checks needed?
- How is Workzinga's proprietary Culture Fit Assessment validated and why would you say Workzinga's Culture Fit Assessment is better than other options in the market?
- What are some mistakes made in the interview when assessing culture fit?
- How can candidates learn what the culture is like at a prospective employer?
- Follow up: How can recruiters help with ensuring a culture fit?
- What happens if you hire people who do not align with your values?
More About Margarida
Her clinical experience in the administration and the development of a variety of psychological tests culminated in a full-time dedication to research in the industrial and organizational field.
Margarida continues to see patients in her own private practice for therapy and psychological assessments.
She previously appeared on the podcast in episode 417 and will be part of the Workzinga team exhibiting at the SHRM Conference and Expo (booth 3449) in New Orleans between June 12 and 15.
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast, and Iceni Media Inc.