Manage episode 327352360 series 2533457
Want to get out and travel more this year without breaking your budget? Learn how you can use travel hacking as a couple to get great deals on your trips!Travel Hacking Together As we move into May, I’m hearing more and more couples talk about travel. With better weather and after an unprecedented - yeah I said it - two years, many are looking for a change in scenery.
According to Trip Advisor, 68% of Americans are looking to travel domestically and 29% are considering a trip abroad. Travel can be a fantastic way to shift our perspectives and rest a bit.
Because many in our community are trying to work toward financial goals as well, it’s even more important to find ways to get deals on vacations.
That’s why I want to pull from the archives and share an interview I had with Peter and Ruby, from A Journey We Love.
They had some wonderful travel hacking tips on how to keep your trips low stress, fun, and affordable.
During our chat, we got into:
- their process for finding deals with their trips
- how they budget during their travels
- tips for first-time travelers
Hope you enjoy it!Travel Hacking Resources and More
Want to learn more about travel hacking? Here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Travel Hacking Essentials
- How to Travel Like a Rock Star on the Cheap
- Travel Hacks: Couples Edition
- Pro Travel Hacks for Every Aspect of Your Next Trip
- Best flight search tool: Google Flights
- Quick Money Tips for Travelers
- How To Find Mistake Fares And Fly For Cheap
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released in January 2017. Show notes have been updated April 2022.