Manage episode 326025408 series 2769506
Buying a house is typically the biggest purchase couples make so you want to have your numbers line up with your goals and budget. Learn how you can find the best mortgage rates when you house hunt!Finding the Best Mortgages Rates
Are you two getting ready to start house hunting? Congratulations!
When we were looking for our now current house, I remember the excitement of visiting and touring places.
I also remember the other side of the house hunt: getting paperwork for the preapproval letter, running the numbers to figure out our budget, and reviewing mortgage documents.
At the time, it was a bit intimidating. Knowing that this was a huge purchase, we really wanted to get it right.
Thankfully we had a great team that answered all of our questions. Now years later, we are still happy with how things turned out. We have a home that we love that's also affordable enough that we can take care of other goals and dreams.
I want you to feel the same way about the home you buy and a key part of that is finding the mortgage option for your family’s budget.
She decodes a lot of the jargon and gives some fantastic tips on finding the right mortgage.
In this episode we get into:
- what mistakes to avoid as a first-time homebuyer
- typical costs of being a homeowner (beyond the mortgage payment)
- what exactly are Mortgage Interest Rates, APRS, Origination Fees, and Points
Hope you enjoy it!Resources on Getting a Great Deal on Your Mortgage
If you’re looking to buy, here are some resources to help you find a great deal with your mortgage
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Free 5 Days to $5K Course
- Basic Mortgage Terminology
- Buying a House: Explore Interest Rates
- Buying a House: Loan Estimate Explainer
- Understand Mortgage Loan Options
- Buying a Home: From Contemplation to Closing
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Find out how and get started today!