Manage episode 320853493 series 2931064
More practice with the unvoiced TH sounds in English. Remember that "unvoiced" means your vocal cords do not vibrate. Also remember the tip of your tongue is between your teeth!
Part One: Words that begin with unvoiced TH:
1) I’ll be thirteen on Thursday.
2) John turned. 30 (thirty) on the 13th (thirteenth), I think.
3) This thing is very thin.
4) You would look funny with three thumbs.
5) Thanks for visiting me.
6) The opposite of thick is thin.
7) He threw the ball over the fence.
8) The thief stole everything in our house. It was a terrible theft.
9) The temperature went above freezing yesterday. A lot of snow melted. It was a good thaw.
10) He divided the cake into thirds.
11) Are you thirsty? I’ll get you some water.
12) I love to go to the theater.
13) Did you like the movie? I thought it was great!
14) Her only Covid symptom was a sore throat.
15) He used some flour mixed with water to thicken the stew.
Part Two: Words with voiceless TH in the middle.
16) He dropped the toothbrush into the bathtub.
17) I have a toothache.
18) There are a lot of Burmese pythons in Florida.
19) It is good to be healthy, wealthy, and wise.
20) His wife gave him a new bathrobe for Christmas.
21) They saw a black panther at the zoo.
22) Sally ran a fast marathon.
23) Something bit me. I think it was a mosquito.
24) Happy birthday!
25) The athlete hurt his thigh.
A portal has opened to Nother Realm, a dimension of magic, mystery, and danger.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify Medicine Story
We’re restoring the Indigenous and Ancestral knowledge of navigating the inner road and...
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify
Intro & Outro Music: La Pompe Du Trompe by Shane Ivers - https://www.silvermansound.com