Manage episode 320491653 series 1993435
How do you go about conquering stage fright? Do you know the best way to handle a heckler from the audience? Do you have an idea of what your single most important element of your music performance is? How do you go about reading an audience if you see that you’re “losing them”. Singer, Songwriter, and author of the book “Performance Matters” John M comes on this episode of The Business Side of Music, to discuss these topics, along with what it takes to get on stage and put on the perfect performance for your audience.
John has six albums to his credit, along with producing a documentary film on “House Concerts”. Music Connection Magazine has named him as one of the “Top 100 Unsigned Acts” to look out for. He also teaches Master Classes and workshops based on his book. These are in depth and interactive workshops, exploring all aspects of the live on stage performance.
The Business Side of Music ™
© 2022 Lotta Dogs Productions LLC
- Showrunner and Executive Producer Emeritus: Tom Sabella
- Producer and Host (the guy who has a face for podcasting): Bob Bender
- Co-Producer - Audio/Video Editor (the man behind the curtain): Mark Sabella
- Director of Video and Continuity (the brains of the entire operation): Deborah Halle
- Marketing and Social Media (all knowing): Sarah Fleshner for 362 Entertainment
- All Around Problem Solver (and Mental Health Therapist for us): Connie Ribas
- Recorded inside an old beat up Airstream Trailer located somewhere on what’s left of Music Row in Nashville TN (except during the Covid 19 pandemic, then it's pretty much been accomplished VIA Zoom or over the phone, with the exception for those fearless enough to come to Bob Bender's dining room… and there have been a few that have survived).
- Mixed and Mastered at Music Dog Studios in Nashville, TN
- Editing and Post at Midnight Express Studio located in Olian, NY
- Production Sound Design: Keith Stark
- Voice Over and Promo: Lisa Fuson
Special Thanks to the creator and founder of the podcast, Tom Sabella, along with Traci Snow for producing and hosting over 100 episodes of the original "Business Side of Music" podcast and trusting us to carry on their legacy.
If you would like to be a guest on the show, please submit a request to:
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the show, let us know and we’ll send you a media / sponsorship kit to you. Contact us at email@example.com
Music for this episode provided by -
Artist: Shawn Kingsberry
Songwriter: Shawn Kingsberry (ASCAP)